- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The ceremony, which honors the best in independent films and whose nominees often overlap with the Oscar picks, will be held in the afternoon on the beach in Santa Monica on March 1.
Oswalt, whose credits include Ratatouille, Big Fan and Young Adult, next will be seen in The Secret Life of Walter Mitty.
“Patton has been a long supporter of our organization,” Film Independent president Josh Welsh said. “He has participated in several Film Independent Live Reads at LACMA and is also a card-holding member of the organization. I can’t wait to see what he has in store for us at the awards show in March.”
Oswalt joins a group of previous hosts that includes Andy Samberg, Rainn Wilson and Sarah Silverman.
The 29th annual awards ceremony will air that evening at 10:00 pm ET/PT on IFC. Longtime executive producer Diana Zahn-Storey is returning for her 19th Spirit Awards show.
Added IFC president and general manager Jennifer Caserta: “Patton’s quick wit and ridiculously funny take on society and pop culture is perfect for IFC and perfect for this event. We are thrilled our viewers will be able to enjoy this year’s show with this incredible talent and distinctive voice at the helm.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day