- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Patton Oswalt knows terrorism can ruin a person’s faith in humanity.
But, in a Facebook post that’s been “liked” more than 200,000 times and shared more than 140,000 times, the actor, writer and standup comicsays Monday’s “f-cking horrible” bombing at the Boston Marathon can still be cause for hope.
“I remember, when 9/11 went down, my reaction was, ‘Well, I’ve had it with humanity.’ But I was wrong,” Oswalt wrote. “I don’t know what’s going to be revealed to be behind all of this mayhem. One human insect or a poisonous mass of broken sociopaths.
“But here’s what I DO know. If it’s one person or a HUNDRED people, that number is not even a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of a percent of the population on this planet. You watch the videos of the carnage and there are people running TOWARDS the destruction to help out.”
Read the rest of Oswalt’s notes – and see some of the more than 7,000 comments, here.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Sterling K. Brown