- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Oscar winner Paul Haggis and Paul Verhoeven will be among the directors to take to the stage for master classes at this year’s Marrakech Film Festival, which is set to run Dec. 2-10 in the Moroccan capital.
Million Dollar Baby writer and producer and Crash writer, producer and director Haggis, who most recently worked on the Golden Globe-winning miniseries Show Me a Hero, will discuss themes of social justice and racism in his work.
Verhoeven, whose Cannes entry Elle is France’s foreign-language film submission for the Oscars, also will discuss his career.
Cannes best director winner Pavel Lounguine also will give a master class during the weeklong festival. The Russian director’s latest, Queen of Spades, penned by The King’s Speech writer David Seidler, just made its market debut at AFM.
Underground Hungarian director Bela Tarr will chair this year’s Marrakech jury, which includes Oscar-winning Danish director Billie August, Argentinean director Lisandro Alonso and Australian actor Jason Clarke.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day