- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Paul McCartney has shared a photo of himself dressed as a pirate for the new Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales.
McCartney, who shared the photo Saturday on social media, is seen in full pirate costume holding playing cards and sporting a long beard with dreadlocks. Check it out below.
— Paul McCartney (@PaulMcCartney) May 13, 2017
The fifth installment of the Disney franchise will see the return of Johnny Depp as Captain Jack Sparrow and Geoffrey Rush as Barbosa, with Javier Bardem acting as the film’s villain. Orlando Bloom will be also returning as Will Turner, a role he last played in 2007’s At World’s End.
McCartney is not the first famed English rocker to appear in the Pirates movies. The Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards played the swashbuckling dad of Depp’s Sparrow in At World’s End and 2011’s On Stranger Tides.
During the height of Beatlemania, the singer appeared with his bandmates John, George and Ringo in such films as A Hard Day’s Night and Help!
The new Pirates will set sail later this month.
This story first appeared on Billboard.com.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day