- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Fast Five star Paul Walker will star in and executive produce Vehicle 19, an indie thriller being directed by South African filmmaker Mukunda Michael Dewil.
Dewil wrote the script, which centers on an unsuspecting traveler (Walker) in a foreign country who picks up the wrong rental car and becomes tangled in a web of corruption by the local police. The script ended up on one of the lists that tracks best screenplays.
The plan to shoot in South Africa at the end of summer.
Pete Safran is producing along with Ryan Haidarian. Gary King of Picture Tree is co-producing.
Fast Five is shaping up to be a hit for Universal. The movie, which opens April 29 domestically, already been released in some territories around the world, revving up more than $24 million.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
More from The Hollywood Reporter
‘He Went That Way’ Review: Jacob Elordi and Zachary Quinto in True Crime Misfire Awkwardly Stuck Between Genre Cracks
‘The Fabelmans’ Breakout Chloe East in Talks for A24 Thriller from Scott Beck, Bryan Woods (Exclusive)
Owen Teague Talks ‘You Hurt My Feelings’ and Meeting with Andy Serkis for the New ‘Apes’ Movie