- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Paul Walter Hauser is heading for Disney’s Cruella.
The movie will see the actor reteam with I, Tonya director Craig Gillespie, who is helming the live-action take on the 1961 animated classic 101 Dalmatians.
Cruella is being described as an origin story for the classic villain, to be played by Emma Stone, and will be set in the early 1980s with a punk vibe. Emma Thompson is also starring in the movie, which is set for a Dec. 23, 2020, release.
Hauser will be playing a character named Horace.
Cruella‘s most recent script comes from Tony McNamara. Andrew Gunn is producing the pic with Marc Platt. Kristin Burr is also producing.
Hauser, who is repped by CAA, Artists First and Schreck Rose, starred in Spike Lee’s BlacKkKlansman and will reteam with the director on his Netflix movie Da 5 Bloods. He is currently shooting the leading role in Clint Eastwood’s Richard Jewell movie.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day