- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The first trailer for IFC Films’ Peace, Love and Misunderstanding, which follows a woman on the verge of divorce (Catherine Keener) who takes her kids (Elizabeth Olsen and Nat Wolff) to visit their hippie grandmother (Jane Fonda), has debuted.
The premise of the film may feel a bit familiar but with this cast, the comedy could really come alive.
The star of the film, which is directed by Bruce Beresford (Driving Miss Daisy), is clearly Fonda, who sports a big shaggy wig and plenty of hippie clothes. Her scenes are the funniest as her character shares some life lessons with her long-lost daughter and grandchildren.
Peace, Love and Misunderstanding could be a good follow up for Olsen, who received all that attention for 2011’s Martha Marcy May Marlene, but didn’t get as much buzz for horror pic Silent House that came out in March. Her character’s love interest in the film is played by Gossip Girl’s Chace Crawford.
IFC Films picked up Peace, Love & Misunderstanding at the Toronto International Film Festival last year and has it slated for release on June 8.
Watch the trailer below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day