- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The STXfilms pic, an English-language remake of the hit French thriller Mon Garcon, will stream for free on the NBCUniversal streaming platform beginning Sept. 15. My Son follows a man (McAvoy) whose only son goes missing, which leads him to the town where his ex-wife (Foy) lives to find answers.
McAvoy was not given a script or dialogue, as was the case in the French film. He was aware of basic aspects of his character’s story and improvised and reacted to each moment as it unfolded. The rest of the cast and crew were aware of the scenes.
My Son is directed by Christian Carion, who also directed the 2017 French thriller, which starred Guillaume Canet as the father.
The screenplay for the English-language remake was written by Carion and Laure Irrmann. The film is produced by Carion, Laure Irrmann for Une Hirondelle, Vincent Maraval and Brahim Chioua for Wild Bunch International, Rebecca O’Brien for Sixteen Films, and Marc Butan for Mad River Pictures.
Peacock acquired rights to My Son from STXfilms.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day