- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Pedro Almodovar has picked his next film.
The director told the Financial Times that his next project is a film called Silencio.
“It’s a return to the cinema of women,” he said of the film, “of great female protagonists, and it’s a hard-hitting drama, which excites me.”
Almodovar, whose last film was 2013’s I’m So Excited, revealed that the Silencio script has been completed, with the film set to begin shooting in April. He said that the film is currently casting but that the parts don’t quite fit for the actors with whom he typically works.
“It’s called Silencio because that’s the principal element that drives the worst things that happen to the main female protagonist,” he continued.
The Spanish director won the best foreign-language film Oscar for 1999’s All About My Mother and the original screenplay Oscar for 2002’s Talk to Her.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day