- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Pee-Wee Herman and Jimmy KImmel are taking a cue from Melissa Leo.
They have posed in a tongue-in-cheek “For Your Consideration” ads to try and woo Emmy voters.
Their ads mock Leo’s ad that she took out to campaign for the Academy Awards earlier this year.
Just like Leo’s ad, Herman wears a sexy fur coat and poses by a pool. “Consider … The Pee Wee Herman Show on Broadway,” the ad reads. As for Kimmel, he wears a low-cut black dress, similar to the duds worn by Leo in another “Consider” ad that she took out during the Oscar race.
Leo faced criticism for her ad, but defended it.
“This entire awards process to some degree is about pimping yourself out,” she told the New York Times. “I’m confident my fans will understand the ads were about showing a different side of myself.”
The ad seems to have worked too – Leo won the Best Supporting Actress Academy Award for The Fighter.
The 63rd Primetime Emmy Awards air Sept. 18 on FOX.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day