- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Iggy Azalea beat some pretty impressive competition for Favorite Hip-Hop Artist at Wednesday’s People’s Choice Awards, but what really caught Twitter’s attention was what went down before she won.
Parenthood stars Dax Shepard and Monica Potter presented the award, and to prove her street cred, Potter rattled off a string of “rappers” she loves, like Dr. Drew and…Igloo Australia?
You might remember that moniker from Azealia Banks’ Twitter rant last month against her fellow MC. “It’s funny to see people Like Igloo Australia silent when these things happen… Black Culture is cool, but black issues sure aren’t huh?” she wrote on Dec. 3, following the Eric Garner grand jury decision.
Read more People’s Choice Awards: Full Coverage
We’re guessing Potter and the People’s Choice writers just thought it was a fun play on words — not the dig that many of Banks’ supporters and Azalea’s detractors have adopted on Twitter. And Azalea likely didn’t mind when she beat out Drake, Jay Z, Nicki Minaj and even her own mentor T.I. for the prize.
This story first appeared at Billboard.com.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Winnie the Pooh: Blood and Honey