- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Ben Affleck isn’t just a movie superhero, he’s also humanitarian.
He took home the Favorite Humanitarian honor at the People’s Choice Award his work in creating the The Eastern Congo Initiative.
“I’ve been called a lot of things in my life, but I’m not sure humanitarian – until recently – is one of them,” Affleck said. “To be honest, I’ve had a hard time accepting it.”
He accepted the award on behalf of the “real humanitarians … who spend every waking moment building a future for their families and their communities.”
Amy Adams presented Affleck with the award, prompting him to tell his Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice costar he hopes to do more movies with her in the future — and not just projects in which she plays Lois Lane.
The People’s Choice Awards were broadcast live on CBS from Los Angeles’ Nokia Theatre. Mom stars Anna Faris and Allison Janney hosted the awards, which allowed readers to pick their favorites of the year.
Read more People’s Choice Awards: Full Coverage
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day