- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Anna Faris may be the People’s Choice Awards co-host, but she has to contend with an even bigger star in her own family.
Her husband and Guardians of the Galaxy star Chris Pratt showed up in the cold open, which saw him reading a pile of scripts, making him far too busy to do his wife a favor and appear during the awards show.
Read more People’s Choice Awards: Full Coverage
“I have like 11 movies to shoot by next Friday,” the super busy Pratt said, before attempting to make his wife feel like her career was as hot as his. “Here’s one for you. No, that’s just a script called Anna. Yeah, they want me to star in it.”
Faris informed Pratt that they were retaining a nanny’s services for their baby — something they hadn’t planned on doing because they didn’t think Pratt’s career would be going anywhere. Faris’ Mom costar Allison Janney walked in smoking (and with the wrong baby), proving she wouldn’t make the best nanny.
The People’s Choice Awards broadcast live on CBS from Los Angeles’ Nokia Theatre.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day