- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Wearing a white gown with a long train, black gloves and thigh-high black boots, Stefani told the audience that receiving the honor was “hard to digest.”
“I always loved fashion, it was one of those instinctual things,” she said, relaying how her mom and grandmother sewed many clothes. “My mom would come home from school and my grandmother would have her made her prom dress.”
She added that when she was much younger, she disliked fashion because it seemed like it was only for the wealthy, but now she is grateful that she has gotten to work with so many “amazing, talented designers.”
Stefani said that she’s giving her statuette to her 11-year-old son, Zuma, and gave a shout-out to boyfriend Blake Shelton before leaving the stage: “You’re a babe.”
Stefani, a three-time Grammy winner, has created several lifestyle brands, including the fashion line L.A.M.B., sister label Harajuku Lovers, eyewear line gx by Gwen Stefani and Harajuku Mini for Target. Her brands have earned more than $1 billion in retail sales.
Stefani follows in the footsteps of last year’s Fashion Icon Award recipient Victoria Beckham.
The 2019 E! People’s Choice Awards are airing live from the Barker Hangar in Santa Monica.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day