- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The upcoming Stephen King adaptation Pet Semetary has carved out a release date.
Paramount will release the film April 19, 2019, the studio announced Thursday. Directors Dennis Widmyer and Kevin Kolsch are helming the adaptation of the 1983 novel, which tells the story of Louis Creed, who tries to bring back his dead son by placing him to rest in an Indian burial ground. The film was made into a 1989 feature film, with a screenplay from King.
The new adaptation is written by Jeff Buhler and produced by Lorenzo di Bonaventura, Mark Vahradian, and Steven Schneider.
Just as 2017 saw multiple King adaptions hit theaters with It and The Dark Tower, 2019 also will be big for King fans. Warner Bros.’ It sequel hits theaters just months after Pet Semetary, on September 6, 2019.
Paramount also set date for Instant Family, a comedy starring Mark Wahlberg and Rose Byrne. It centers on a couple who adopt three kids, and must learn to be parents all at once — even if the kids don’t want to be parented. The film opens Feb. 19, 2019 and is directed by Daddy’s Home filmmaker Sean Anders. Anders is producing with Wahlberg, John Morris and Steve Levinson.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day