- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The former South Bend, Indiana mayor more recently became the U.S. Transportation Secretary. But during his presidential run, Buttigieg made history as the first openly gay candidate to seriously contend for the presidency.
Mayor Pete, produced by Story Syndicate, follows Buttigieg on the campaign trail and at home in Indiana with his husband, Chasten. Buttigieg eventually exited the race and endorsed former U.S. Vice President Joe Biden before his rival went on to win the U.S. presidential election in 2020.
Mayor Pete reveals the inside story of the campaign for the White House and the ways it changes the lives of those at its center. Amazon Studios and Story Syndicate recently collaborated on All In: The Fight for Democracy, from directors Lisa Cortés and Liz Garbus, featuring Stacey Abrams.
Moss and Amanda McBaine co-directed the documentary Boys State, a political coming-of-age story that examines the health of American democracy. That film debuted in Sundance, where it was picked up by A24 and Apple for $12 million.
The producers of Mayor Pete are Moss, McBaine, Dan Cogan, Jon Bardin and Laurie David. Executive producers are Liz Garbus, Julie Gaither and Regina Scully.
Moss and McBaine are repped by WME, Management 360 and Sloss Law.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day