- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
I Slept With Joey Ramone will reteam the Saturday Night Live castmember with his Big Time Adolescence director, Jason Orley, who also directed Davidson’s stand-up special. The feature is a partnership between STXfilms and the streamer, the companies having previously worked together on YA breakout Work It.
I Slept With Joey Ramone is based on the Mickey Leigh memoir of the same name, with a feature treatment by Davidson and Orley. It will chronicle the life and career of the lead vocalist of The Ramones and his rise to counterculture icon status.
The film will be made with the cooperation and support of the Estate of Joey Ramone. Rory Rosegarten of Rosegarten Films will executive produce, with Davidson, Leigh and David Spiegelman.
Davidson, repped by ICM Partners, Brillstein and Granderson Des Rochers, previously had a role in another Netflix rock biopic: Mötley Crüe movie The Dirt.
He was last seen in the semi-autobiographical feature King of Staten Island and is set for James Gunn’s The Suicide Squad sequel, out later this year.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day