- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Broadway and film financier Norton Herrick has boarded Peter Berg’s Lone Survivor and will co-finance the actioner.
Based on Marcus Luttrell’s best-selling book Lone Survivor: The Eyewitness Account of Operation Redwing and the Lost Heroes of SEAL Team 10, the film stars Mark Wahlberg, Eric Bana, Ben Foster, Emile Hirsch and Taylor Kitsch. Berg also wrote the screenplay.
Herrick joins a producing team that also includes Berg, Wahlberg, Sarah Aubrey, Randall Emmett, Steven Levinson, Akiva Goldsman and Barry Spikings.
Lone Survivor is currently filming in New Mexico.
“Marcus Luttrel’s story is an important reminder of heroism, bravery and sacrifice,” Herrick said. “Though Lone Survivor is a harrowing story, it is important to shed light on the heroism and personal histories and lives that were not lost in vain.”
Lone Survivor marks Herrick’s second outing with Wahlberg. He also produced the upcoming actioner 2 Guns, which stars the actor opposite Denzel Washington.
Herrick’s upcoming credits also include Very Good Girls, written and directed by Naomi Foner, and Nightlight, a supernatural thriller written and directed by Scott Beck and Bryan Woods. His stage credits include Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark and Tony Award-winner Hair.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day