- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Peter Dinklage is in early negotiations to join Adam Sandler, Josh Gad and Kevin James in Pixels, which Chris Columbus is directing for Sony and Happy Madison.
Pixels was one of the Internet shorts that garnered major Hollywood buzz in 2010 (the same year that The Gift and Panic Attack! made the rounds); it depicted 1980s video game characters attacking New York City.
PHOTOS: ‘Game of Thrones’ New York Season 4 Premiere
Tim Herlihy and Timothy Dowling worked on the script, which sees James as the president of the United States asking his childhood pals (Sandler and Gad) for help to stop the video games from waging war on the human race.
Dinklage will play a former Donkey Kong and Space Invaders champion who is a loudmouth.
STORY: Josh Gad, Kevin James in Talks to Join Adam Sandler in ‘Pixels’
Patrick Jean, who made the short, is executive producing, while Happy Madison’s Sandler and Jack Giarraputo are producing with One More Production’s Benjamin Darras, Johnny Alves and Mathias Boucard.
Dinklage is about to return front and center in HBO’s Game of Thrones; the fourth season begins April 6. Dinklage will also be seen in this summer’s Fox tentpole, X-Men: Days of Future Past.
He is repped by CAA, Insight and Jackoway Tyerman.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day