- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Producers Guild of America is accepting submissions for its third annual PGA Weekend Shorts Challenge, which will be held Sept. 6 to 8.
This year’s contest will celebrate the film legacy of producer Laura Ziskin, whose credits include Pretty Woman, As Good As It Gets, To Die For, No Way Out and Spider-Man.
During the Sept. 6 weekend, contestants must fully produce a three- to five-minute short film, and all submissions must incorporate assigned elements from Ziskin’s films. The assignments will be announced on Sept. 6, the opening day of the challenge.
The films will be evaluated by a panel of celebrity judges including Donald De Line, James Franco, Tim Gibbons, Meg Ryan, Laura San Giacomo, Paula Wagner and Sean Young.
Ten finalists will be selected to screen their submission at the red carpet awards held in association with NewFilmmakers Los Angeles on Nov. 9 at the AT&T Center in downtown Los Angeles. First-, second- and third-place prizes will be presented to the top winners, who also will receive mentorships with PGA producers Darla Anderson, Bruce Cohen and Lydia Dean Pilcher.
Submission information and guidelines can be found online here.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day