- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Formerly titled The Baytown Disco, the screenplay, written by Barry Battles and Griffin Hood, was on the 2009 Black List, the annual list of top, unproduced screenplays in Hollywood. Battles also directed the film, which also stars Paul Wesley, Andre Braugher and Thomas Brodie.
The movie revolves around three Alabama brothers who find themselves on the wrong side of the law when they finally try to do a single good deed.
LLeju Production’s William O. Perkins financed and produced the movie alongside Robert Teitel from State Street Pictures. Hood, Ryan Jones, Thomas J. Busch and MaryVernieuare executive producers.
“The Baytown Outlaws is an absolute crowd pleaser as it combines lots of action with sharp humor led by an amazing group of actors,” Berry Meyerowitz, president and CEO of Phase 4 Films, said.
The deal was negotiated by Phase 4’s Larry Greenberg and Katharyn Howe with WME Global repping the filmmakers. Highland Film Group is handling international sales.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day