- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Phase 4 Films has acquired North American rights to Sassy Pants, a comedy-of-age movie starring Ashley Rickards and Haley Joel Osment.
In the comedy-drama written and directed by Coley Sohn, Rickards (of MTV’s Awkward) plays a rebellious teen, who runs away from her overbearing mom (Breaking Bad’s Anna Gunn) to live with her gay dad (Diedrich Bader) and his young boyfriend (played by The Sixth Sense’s Osment, now grown up).
Adam Wilkins and Pavlina Hatoupis produced the project, which had its world premiere earlier this year at the Santa Barbara Film Festival.
Phase 4 Films, headed by president and CEO Berry Meyerowitz, is planning to release the film day-and-date in theaters and on VOD this fall.
The deal was negotiated by Phase 4’s Larry Greenberg and Katharyn Howe with Traction Media, which repped the filmmakers.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day