- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Hoffman will play the role of Plutarch Heavensbee, head gamemaker for the Hunger Games. In June, the actor received an official offer for the role after circling for several weeks. In the first film, Wes Bentley assumed the role of head gamemaker.
Hoffman recently ended a limited run in Mike Nichols‘ revival of Arthur Miller‘s Death of a Salesman on Broadway, for which he received a Tony Award nomination. He next appears on the big screen in The Master and A Late Quartet.
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire follows Katniss Everdeen (Jennifer Lawrence) returning home after winning the 74th annual Hunger Games along with Peeta Mellark (Josh Hutcherson). Katniss senses that a rebellion is simmering, but the Capitol is very much in control as President Snow (Donald Sutherland) prepares for the 75th annual Games (known as the Quarter Quell).
Francis Lawrence will direct Catching Fire, which Lionsgate is eyeing a September start. Nina Jacobson‘s Color Force produces with Jon Kilik. Jena Malone has been offered the key role of Johanna Mason.
Catching Fire is slated for a Nov. 22, 2013, release.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day