- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Willem Dafoe and Robin Wright also star in the movie, which is based on John le Carre’s acclaimed novel. Screenwriter Andrew Bovell adapted for the big screen.
FilmNation is representing worldwide rights to Most Wanted Man, which is virtually sold out around the world but still available in the U.S.
The spy thriller is set in present-day Hamburg, Germany, where a mysterious half-Chechen, half-Russian man, brutally scarred from torture, surfaces in the city’s Islamic community, on the run and desperate for help. He seeks to recover his late Russian father’s fortune and soon connects with a conflicted British private banker and a young female lawyer fiercely determined to protect the rights of persecuted emigres.
Nothing about the young man seems to add up — is he a victim, a thief or, worse yet, an extremist intent on destruction? All the while, they are watched by the brilliant, roguish chief of a covert German spy unit (Hoffman), who fights to put together the pieces as the clock ticks.
New financing and production venture Demarest Films is co-financing and co-producing Most Wanted Man.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day