- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
A new teaser poster for Christopher Nolan‘s Interstellar debuted on Tuesday, complete with the trailer’s tagline: “Mankind was born on Earth. It was never meant to die here.”
The film — which is Nolan’s first directorial effort since 2012’s The Dark Knight Rises — stars Matthew McConaughey, Anne Hathaway, Jessica Chastain, Wes Bentley, Bill Irwin, Michael Caine, Topher Grace, John Lithgow, Casey Affleck, Ellen Burstyn and David Oyelowo.
The poster features a wide shot of a beam of light shining on a couple standing in front of a home and a pickup truck, as the title’s letters read vertically above the haunting tagline.
Interstellar, which Nolan wrote with his brother Jonathan, chronicles the adventures of a group of explorers who use a wormhole to surpass the previous limits of human space travel and conquer vast distances on an interstellar voyage. The plot is believed to involve time travel and alternate dimensions, but other details are being kept under wraps.
The Paramount and Warner Bros. title hits theaters Nov. 7.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day