- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Pierce Brosnan‘s daughter Charlotte has died after a long battle with ovarian cancer. She was 41.
Brosnan said in a statement that Charlotte, who had been battling cancer for three years, died Friday afternoon surrounded by her husband, Alex Smith; their children, Isabella, 14, and Lucas, 8; and her brothers, Christopher and Sean.
“Charlotte fought her cancer with grace and humanity, courage and dignity,” Brosnan said. “Our hearts are heavy with the loss of our beautiful dear girl. We pray for her and that the cure for this wretched disease will be close at hand soon. We thank everyone for their heartfelt condolences.”
Charlotte’s mother, Cassandra Harris, also died from ovarian cancer in 1991, while she was married to Brosnan. Harris’ mother also died from ovarian cancer.
Brosnan has since remarried Keely Shaye Smith.
The actor, whose recent credits include the film Love Is All You Need and the miniseries Bag of Bones, has a slew of upcoming movies, including Love Punch, A Long Way Down and November Man.
People first reported the news of his daughter’s death.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day