- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Pierre Morel has now focused his attention on EDF, aka Earth Defense Force, a giant alien invasion movie that’s being produced by Sam Raimi and Bill Block, head of QED International, the outfit that is financing the project. Warner Bros. is distributing.
Morel, the director of Taken, was in talks at the same time to direct EDF and Ouija, the adaptation of the Hasbro board game set up at Universal.
Morel made a presentation to Universal execs Thursday afternoon outlining his take on Ouija; Universal ended up passing on it.
EDF is set after three alien fighters attack the planet, leaving countries humiliated. The governments of Earth then race to create a space fighting force in preparation for a second attack by an approaching alien horde.
Morel is repped by WME and Artist Talent Management.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Eyes of Tammy Faye
Red Table Talk