- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The London-based start-up that helped cast all U.K. extras on Star Wars: The Force Awakens and Spectre has landed an investment led by studio giant Pinewood Group and plans to use the new financing to expand into the U.S.
We Got Pop – an online casting and booking platform that launched in 2013 and also worked on Everest and Mr. Holmes – has closed a $660,000 investment round led by Pinewood alongside angel investors, including entrepreneur and film producer Richard Northcott and ex-advertising executive and early-stage tech investor Richard Fearn.
“Pinewood are delighted to announce an investment in We Got Pop,” said Pinewood CEO Ivan Dunleavy. “Pop is a production specific technology platform that will offer our key partners an improved service for handling their management and payment of extras casting.”
He added: “With our investment, we are looking forward to seeing Pop expand into crew management. It is a business that can scale globally and we plan to assist its launch in the U.S.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day