- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
LONDON – Pinewood Studios, the world-renowned studio facility on the outskirts of London and home to the 007 soundstage, has inked a deal with U.K. indie exhibitor Curzon Cinemas to launch Pinewood Cinema.
Situated on Pinewood’s studio site, the movie theater will play host to weekend screenings, with family-friendly films in the morning alongside indie and studio-backed wide releases during the afternoon and evening.
Curzon Cinemas is tasked with selecting the program lineup of films for Pinewood Cinema.
Andrew Smith, director of strategy and communications for Pinewood, said the aim is for the on-site theater to be to the “benefit of everyone who works at Pinewood Studios and who lives in the area.”
The Pinewood site consists of soundstages, a globally unique underwater filming stage and state-of-the-art TV studios.
Curzon Cinemas has nine venues across the country, virtual division Curzon Home Cinema and three distribution labels, Curzon Film World Releasing, the long-established label Artificial Eye and genre label Chelsea Films.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day