- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Two-time Oscar nominee Piper Laurie will be honored at a special event next weekend at the Ojai Film Festival.
An Evening With Piper Laurie, to be held March 11 at the Ojai Art Center, will feature a half-hour documentary on her 100-plus film career, followed by a live Q&A with the veteran actress, now 85, and a screening of 1961’s The Hustler, for which she received Oscar, BAFTA, Golden Laurel and New York Film Critics Circle nominations.
The mini-documentary is part of Women in Film’s Legacy series, produced by Ilene Kahn Power and directed by Linda Feferman, which features filmed interviews with pioneering women behind and in front of the camera. Emmy-winner Sharon Lawrence (NYPD Blue, Netflix’s The Ranch) will conduct the Q&A with Laurie.
“I’m thrilled to launch the Ojai Film Festival Special Series with a program that showcases my varied career,” Laurie said in a statement. “This even gives me a chance to connect with my fans in an intimate setting and I’m honored.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day