- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Awesomeness Films is rounding out the cast of its upcoming sci-fi title Spontaneous.
Piper Perabo, Rob Huebel and Yvonne Orji are set to star in the film from writer-director Brian Duffield (The Babysitter). They join Katherine Langford, Charlie Plummer and Hayley Law on the project.
Spontaneous stars Langford as Mara Carlyle, a high schooler whose life is changed forever when students in her senior class start exploding for no reason. Mara and her friends begin to question how to live their lives when tomorrow is no longer a guarantee.
Perabo, most recently seen on the short-lived ABC drama Notorious, and Huebel, who stars on YouTube Red’s Do You Want to See a Dead Body?, have been cast as Mara’s parents. Orji, who has risen to her fame for her role on HBO’s Insecure, is joining the cast as Special Agent Rosetti, who is investigating the combustions taking place.
Other new castmembers include Chirs Shields, Laine MacNeil, Clive Holloway and Bzhaun Rhoden.
Matt Kaplan, the former head of Awesomeness Films, and Max Siemers are producing via their new shingle, Ace Productions, alongside Nicki Cortese for Jurassic Party Productions.
Production is already underway in Vancouver.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day