- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
As production kicks off on Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales, a plot summary and additional castings have been announced.
Exodus: Gods and Kings actress Golshifteh Farahani has been added to the cast, which also features Johnny Depp, Javier Bardem, Kaya Scodelario, Geoffrey Rush, Kevin McNally and Stephen Graham.
Kon-Tiki helmers Espen Sandberg and Joachim Ronning are directing the fifth installment of Disney and Jerry Bruckheimer Films’ franchise.
A new plot summary for the film was also revealed Tuesday: “Thrust into an all-new adventure, a down-on-his-luck Captain Jack Sparrow (Depp) finds the winds of ill-fortune blowing even more strongly when deadly ghost pirates led by his old nemesis, the terrifying Captain Salazar (Bardem), escape from the Devil’s Triangle, determined to kill every pirate at sea, including him. Captain Jack’s only hope of survival lies in seeking out the legendary Trident of Poseidon, a powerful artifact that bestows upon its possessor total control over the seas.”
Jerry Bruckheimer is producing the film, which was written by Jeff Nathanson. The executive producers are Chad Oman, Joseph M. Caracciolo Jr. and Brigham Taylor.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day