- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Elizabeth Banks has exited as the director of Pitch Perfect 3.
Banks will remain on the project as a producer, after having produced the first two films in the Kay Cannon-penned franchise and helmed 2015’s Pitch Perfect 2.
Anna Kendrick and Rebel Wilson are returning to star in the a cappella-centric movie, which also will see the return of Brittany Snow and Pitch 2 addition Hailee Steinfeld. The first two Pitch Perfect films have grossed over $400 million at the global box office.
Banks has numerous roles lined up, both in front of and behind the camera, including a turn as Rita Repulsa in Lionsgate’s Power Rangers movie and directorial gigs for Sony’s Charlie’s Angels reboot and the YA adaptation Red Queen.
On May 31, Universal had pushed the release of Pitch Perfect 3 from July 21, 2017, to Dec. 22, only a few weeks after the studio said it was moving the film up to July 21 from Aug. 4 of next year.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day