- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Kay Cannon, the writer behind Universal’s Pitch Perfect franchise, will make her feature directorial debut on the comedy The Pact.
The comedy follows three parents who discover that their daughters have made a pact to lose their virginities on prom night, and go on a mission to try and stop them before it is too late.
Seth Rogen, Evan Goldberg and James Weaver will produce the project under their Point Grey banner. Jon Hurwitz, Hayden Schlossberg and Chris Fenton will also produce, with Nathan Kahane, Joe Drake and Chris Cowles acting as executive producers.
Eben Russell, a former staff writer on Last Man Standing, has been tapped for a re-write on a Blacklist script penned by brothers Brian and Jim Kehoe.
Cannon is a three-time Emmy nominee for Outstanding Writing in a Comedy Series for her work on Tina Fey’s 30 Rock. She has worked as a co-executive producer on Fox’s New Girl, and will appear onscreen in the upcoming comedy How to be Single.
She will also return to write the third installment of the Pitch Perfect franchise, which has grossed $400 million worldwide to date. It is due out August 2017.
Cannon is represented by WME and Hansen Jacobson.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day