- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The latest installment of the Planet of the Apes series has been announced — but it isn’t a movie, and it doesn’t take place after the most recent film, War for the Planet of the Apes. Instead, the newly announced Planet of the Apes: Last Frontier will allow gamers to step into a world where man and ape are on the precipice of all-out battle.
The video game, set between Dawn of the Planet of the Apes and this year’s War, will give players the chance to take on both human and ape characters as the conflict between a group of human survivors and an ape tribe builds, offering an opportunity to try and build a fragile peace between factions or plunge both into a deadly battle that could decimate both sides.
The game is produced in partnership between FoxNext Games and the Imaginarium Studios, the performance capture studio founded by Andy Serkis, who plays Caesar in the Planet of the Apes movie series. In a statement, Serkis said that the game “represents an exciting marriage of technology and creativity, all set in a rich universe of which I am very proud.”
Planet of the Apes: Last Frontier will be released for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC this fall.
Watch the first trailer for the project, below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day