- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
On Monday, the lavish Star Wars: The Force Awakens premiere shut down four blocks of Hollywood Blvd., while the screening of the film took over three theaters — The Dolby, El Capitan and TCL Chinese.
On Tuesday, the festivities continue with the premiere of extreme-sports thriller Point Break.
The event will feature five wing-suit pilots jumping out of a helicopter, making the 6,000 ft. trip and landing on the red carpet outside the TCL Chinese. The wing-suit pilots will take off at 6:15 p.m. PT and will be headed by stunt performer Jon DeVore, who worked on the film, as well as on Iron Man 3 and Transformers: Dark of the Moon.
“The athletic achievements featured in Point Break are breathtaking, and we wanted to preview a small example of just how daring and accomplished these athletes are,” said Andrew Kosove and Broderick Johnson, CEOs and co-founders of Alcon Entertainment, who produced the film.
Following the Point Break bow, the world premiere of survival film The Revenant, starring Leonardo DiCaprio, will also take place Wednesday night at TCL Chinese.
The Revenant will complete the Hollywood three-day premiere blitz.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
One Piece Film Red