- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Relative unknown Pom Klementieff has nabbed one of the new key roles in Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy 2.
The sequel to 2014’s surprise hit that grossed $774 million sees most of the cast returning, including Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Dave Bautista, and voice stars Bradley Cooper and Vin Diesel.
James Gunn is also back as director and writer for the follow-up, which has a release date of Mat 5, 2017. Shooting to due to start in early 2016.
Marvel conducted a wide search for its mystery part, which called for an Asian actress, and did several rounds of chemistry reads.
The role is a big break for Klementieff, who has mostly worked in France. She did, however, appear in Spike Lee’s recent remake of Korean thriller Oldboy in a role that demanded physicality and martial arts. Oldboy was her entree into American and English-language movies.
Klementieff is repped by Untitled.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day