- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Nods to 300‘s graphic novel visuals and The Gladiator‘s sword-and-sandals aesthetic are present in the latest teaser for Pompeii.
The Sony/TriStar Pictures film, directed by Paul W.S. Anderson (Alien vs. Predator), features Kiefer Sutherland, Kit Harington and Carrie-Anne Moss. The clip — heavy on volcano carnage — is being promoted as the “Big Game” Super Bowl spot that presumably will air on Sunday.
During the game, there will be plenty of Hollywood studio competition during commercial breaks. Paramount’s Transformers: Age of Extinction, DreamWorks’ Need for Speed and Marvel’s Captain America: Winter Soldier are just a few of the action titles expected to be promoted with TV spots.
Pompeii is set to hit theaters in wide release on Feb. 21, the same weekend as Kevin Costner‘s action title 3 Days to Kill.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day