- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Truth Entertainment has secured rights to Ronald H. Keyser’s Ruby’s Prayer.
The historical novel follows a family living out the final days of the Wild West in a post-Civil War America, while dealing with the expanding railroads and a deceased wife/mother.
Both Joe Newcomb, CEO of Truth Entertainment, and Keyser will serve as executive producers on the project, which is currently looking for a screenwriter to adapt the novel.
“Ruby’s Prayer is full of excitement, drama and romance and I couldn’t put it down when I read it,” said Newcomb. “Right away I knew this would be the next project for Truth Entertainment. We’re thrilled to be working with Ronald to bring his powerful novel to the big screen.”
Truth, the production company responsible for the Oscar-winning film Dallas Buyers Club, recently announced that they are developing and producing the feature film The Nobistor Affair and is currently filming The Tribes of Palos Verdes, which stars Jennifer Garner.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day