- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Jack Horner has been named executive vp theatrical communications for Warner Bros. Pictures Group, the studio announced on Wednesday. The move comes weeks after THR first reported that the former News Corp. publicity executive would be joining Warners in Burbank.
This position is newly created, with Horner reporting to marketing chief Sue Kroll. He’ll work closely with Warner Bros. film president Jeff Robinov, corporate communications executive vp Sue Fleishman and the film division’s domestic and international publicity units.
“We’ve been looking for the right executive and Jack is a perfect fit who will strengthen our group in many ways,” Kroll said in a statement.
Horner will move to Los Angeles from New York, where he was vp corporate affairs and corporate communications for News Corp. During his tenure at the company, he helped deal with the fallout from the unfolding phone-hacking scandal.
“His track record speaks for itself and he brings a sharp perspective on the daily communications issues we face as a film studio,” Kroll said.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day