- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Prey has caught its writer.
Jon Croker has signed on to write DreamWorks’ The Prey, the remake of the 2011 French thriller.
Charles S. Cohen is producing the remake, with Daniel Battsek serving as executive producer.
The original film centers on a low-level crook who had to break out of jail in order to save his family from his former cellmate, who turns out to be a brilliant but deranged serial killer.
Eric Valette directed the original, titled La Proie, which was written by Luc Bossi and Laurent Turner and produced by Bossi with his company, Brio Films. StudioCanal co-produced and distributed the film.
Croker is an up-and-coming British writer who wrote The Woman in Black: Angel of Death, the sequel to the 2012 hit horror movie that is now in production. His other horror projects include developing a remake of The Abominable Snowman with Hammer Films as well as Black Palace for Pathe.
The scribe has also written dramas, including Desert Dancer, and got his start as an assistant on the Harry Potter movies.
He is repped by WME and Independent Talent Group.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day