- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Orchard and Topic, First Look Media’s new entertainment studio, have acquired all North American rights to prison therapy documentary The Work.
The Blanketfort Media film, directed by Jairus McLeary and Gethin Aldous, made its world premiere at SXSW earlier this year and won the fest’s grand jury prize for best documentary. The Orchard plans a theatrical release this fall.
The Work, an immersive film shot entirely inside Folsom Prison, captures group therapy sessions that put members of the public alongside convicts inside the legendary California maximum-security prison.
Producers are Alice Henty, Jairus McLeary, Eon McLeary, Miles McLeary and Angela Sostre and executive producers are James McLeary, Rob Allbee and Aldous.
The deal was negotiated by DiGiacomo for The Orchard and Heller for First Look Media with Andrew Herwitz of The Film Sales Co. on behalf of the filmmakers.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day