- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Prisoners actor Dylan Minnette has been cast in Fede Alvarez’s horror thriller.
The Ghost House Pictures project, previously called A Man in the Dark, is now untitled. It follows three teens who get away with perfectly planned home robberies as they set out for their final, and biggest, heist. But when they break into the home of a reclusive blind man, the tables are turned and they find themselves fighting for survival against a psychopath with secrets of his own.
Daniel Zovatto was recently cast in the project.
Alvarez and Rodo Sayagues wrote the script for the project, which is produced by Sam Raimi and Rob Tapert for Ghost House Pictures. J.R. Young, Nathan Kahane, Joe Drake and Erin Westerman will executive produce. The film will shoot this summer in Budapest and Detroit.
Sony Pictures Worldwide Acquisitions picked up worldwide distribution rights to the film last fall at the American Film Market.
Minnette will next be seen in Sony’s Goosebumps, out Oct 16, 2015. Along with Prisoners, his recent credits include Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day and Labor Day. On the TV side, he’s appeared on Scandal, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and Awake.
He’s repped by WME, Monster Talent Management and Skrzyniarz & Mallean.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day