- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Producer Andrew Panay and his Panay Films have re-upped their first look-deal with Disney, signing a two-year extension.
Panay, who was a producer on movies such as Van Wilder and Wedding Crashers, is working on a slate of comedies for the Burbank-based studio, for whom he produced When In Rome, starring Kirsten Bell, and Old Dogs, starring Robin Williams and John Travolta.
On his docket is a just-set up untitled Molly Shannon project; The Girlfriend Equation, a romantic comedy based on a This American Life story; and Something Cliqued, a spin on the body-swapping genre. Also high on the list is Late in the Count, a comedic baseball drama written by Allan Loeb to which Bradley Cooper is attached to star.
The move comes amid general belt-tightening at studios that has caused the rich producer deal to become increasingly rare. Panay first signed his first-look deal in January 2009.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day