- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Indie producer Cassian Elwes is joining forces with Pelican Point Media, the media arm of Pelican Point Capital Partners, to create Golden Gate Media, a new financing and production company that is looking to make two to five films per year with budgets in the $2 million to $15 million range.
Elwes, the former co-head of William Morris Independent, has had a hand in such recent successes as Dallas Buyers Club, Lee Daniels’ The Butler and All Is Lost and has arranged financing for more than 250 films during the course of his career.
“The opportunity to partner with Cassian on top quality content and to attract the best and most capable talent to our projects was so compelling in the films we have pursed to date that Golden Gate was the next step in our relationship,” said Ike Suri, who will serve as co-CEO of Golden Gate alongside Elwes. Suri also is co-CEO of merchant bank Pelican Point Capital Partners.
Suri and Elwes co-produced and co-financed the upcoming reboot of the horror comedy Cabin Fever, based on the 2002 film of the same name, directed by Eli Roth, who serves as an executive producer on the new version.
“Working with Ike and his team has been an absolute pleasure and I look forward to our continued success,” Elwes said.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Green Knight