- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Legendary Entertainment has partnered with Hammer Films for a movie reboot of the iconic British sci-fi hero Bernard Quatermass.
Made popular by the successful BBC 1950s TV series and a trio of films from Hammer Film Productions over the next two decades, the Quatermass character is often pointed out as a precursor to Dr. Who.
The new Quatermass feature will be written by David Farr (The Night Manager) and produced by Hammer’s Simon Oakes. The character Bernard Quatermass was launched on the BBC series in 1953 and reappeared in a host of TV and movie projects.
Jon Silk and Jay Ashenfelter will oversee production of the latest Quatermass remake for Legendary. Farr’s credits also include the film Hanna, directed by Joe Wright, which he is turning into an eight-part TV series for Amazon Studios.
Hammer Films produced such iconic fright films as Dracula, The Curse of Frankenstein and One Million Years B.C.
Farr is repped in the U.S. by UTA and in the U.K. by Curtis Brown Group.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day