- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The adaptation of King’s short story, first published in Nightmares and Dreamscapes in 1993, is being directed by Tom Holland. Holland, a 1980s horror maven who wrote and directed Fright Night and Child’s Play, previously tackled King’s Thinner and The Langoliers.
The story centers on a man who, when attempting to kick his smoking habit, has his eyes opened to a frightening reality in which many people in authority are monsters. He joins a group of others like him called the Ten O’Clock People.
Nichols would play a woman who, like the man, can see a horrible aspect of reality, hidden in plain sight.
Nathaniel Kramer and E.J. Meyers are producing.
Nichols, repped by UTA, played Scarlett in G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra and was the female lead in last year’s Conan the Barbarian.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Melvin Van Peebles