- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Radha Mitchell has been cast in the Lionsgate thriller The Frozen Ground, opposite Nicolas Cage, Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson, Vanessa Hudgens and John Cusack. The actress, who last starred in The Crazies, has also nabbed a role in the indie film Playdate, which she’ll shoot after Ground.
Frozen Ground, a real-life based story from first-time filmmaker Scott Walker, involves a detective’s search for a serial killer with the help of a woman who escaped his clutches. Mitchell will play the wife of the detective (Cage).
Playdate is the first feature from actress and fashion designer Tara Subkoff. Mitchell will star with Natasha Lyonne. Michael Eisner’s Vuguru is financing the project, which begins filming mid-November in Los Angeles.
Repped by CAA and manager Rick Ax, Mitchell has a handful of films forthcoming, including the D.J. Caruso-directed children’s book adaptation The Goats, the indie film Gus, the thriller Evidence and Michael Polish‘s adaptation of the Jack Kerouac novel Big Sur. She also has the Sony sequel Silent Hill: Revelation 3D in the works.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day