- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
BERLIN — Radiohead’s Jonny Greenwood is tuning up the score for Lynne Ramsay‘s We Need To Talk About Kevin, starring Tilda Swinton.
Greenwood previously composed the score for Paul Thomas Anderson‘s There Will Be Blood, which won the Ivor Novello Award for best original film score and the soundtrack to Tran Anh Hung‘s upcoming Norwegian Wood.
Greenwood is tasked with writing a score for Ramsay’s adaptation of Lionel Shriver‘s novel of the same name, which tells the story of a smart, educated New York mother who does her best to raise a son she never wanted. He turns out to be extremely difficult and is at the center of the woman’s marital breakdown before going on a killing spree at his high school with a crossbow.?
Cast also includes John C. Reilly and Ezra Miller.
Directed by Ramsay (Ratcatcher, Morvern Callar) and produced by Independent’s Luc Roeg (Mr Nice, Spider) and Jennifer Fox (Michael Clayton, The Informant), the project was developed by BBC Films, the pubcasters filmmaking arm and is currently in post-production.
Independent is hawking the movie to international buyers and Artificial Eye has U.K. distribution duties.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day