- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
It was recently announced that The Raid 2, Gareth Evans‘ follow-up to his cult 2011 action movie, will hit theaters in the U.S. in March after its world premiere at the Sundance Film Festival in January.
Now, the first international trailer for the action sequel has hit the web, revealing that Officer Rama (Iko Uwais) will be recruited to go undercover and into jail to get close to the son of a new mob boss, Bangun. The trailer starts off slowly (explaining that Rama’s family is at risk) and then builds to an explosion of intense action scenes. (Watch below.)
The original, The Raid: Redemption, featuring an Indonesian fighting style called pencak silat, was one of the breakout hits of the 2011 Toronto International Film Festival. THR‘s review stated: “Quite simply, this movie is a whole mess of bone-crunching, face-pummeling, throat-slicing and fist-pounding awesomeness. The midnight screening had people cheering, wincing and shaking their heads in disbelief.”
Sony Pictures Classics and Stage 6 Films will release The Raid 2: Berandal in the U.S. on March 28.
Ario Sagantoro, of Merantau Films, as well as Aram Tertzakian and Nate Bolotin, of XYZ Films, are the producers.
Watch the international trailer below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day